What Is Drug Intoxication?
Also known as drug overdose, represents a high level of drug intoxication—at such a level that it impairs normal functions.
Drug intoxication/overdose symptoms
- Varying spikes from normal body temperature (e.g., hyperthermia/hypothermia).
- Passing out or an loss of consciousness.
- Skin color changes (e.g., pallor or bluish tint to skin if a respiratory depressant was used; ruddy or flushed after cardiovascular overuse).
- Abnormal breathing.
- Fast, slowed, or irregular pulse.
Drug intoxication treatment
The steps for getting patients treatment include
- Call 9-1-1
- Check heart rate
- Perform CPR
- Provide first aid
- Gain information from drugs used