Severe Headaches & Migraines
What are migraines and severe headaches?
Severe headaches can happen due to injury. They can also happen spontaneously, with no known cause. In this case, headaches can occur due to overexertion of nerve endings in the brain. Migraines (painful, throbbing headaches) can last for hours or days with symptoms that include sensitivities to light/smell/sound, blurred vision, nausea/vomiting, weakness, and more.
Symptoms of migraines and severe headaches?
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Neck pain
- Visual impairment
- Neurological abnormalities such as confusion
- Runny nose or tearing of the eye
- Worsening headache when standing up or when lying down
Treatment of migraines and severe headaches:
- Daily medications
- Referral to a specialized physician
- Finding out underlying conditions and treating those
- Stopping pain medication that could be affecting the migraines.
What To Expect
When you visit the iCare, our team of exceptional and experienced physicians will immediately assess your situation, review medical history interview and a physical examination. The iCare team may perform further testing to include lab-work and/or a head CT. Once you are diagnosed, you will be treated in a variety of ways depending on the type and severity of your symptoms including administration of pain relievers and or fluids to get you feeling better as soon as possible. Check out one of our metroplex locations HERE.